About the Division
The Income Tax Division is charged with the collection, audit, and enforcement of the one and a half percent municipal income tax pursuant to city code. The city is committed to assisting our customers with their income tax questions and concerns. If you need assistance with preparing your City of Marysville income tax return, please bring a copy of all W-2, 1099, and federal income tax return forms, if available, to the Income Tax office.
City Income Tax Estimated Payments
All residents who are not full "payroll withheld" and expect to owe more than $200.00 (effective January 1, 2016) in Marysville City Income Tax are required to make quarterly estimated payments. If the quarterly estimated payments are not made, residents will be subject to penalties on the unpaid balance. For additional information please call the City of Marysville Income Tax Department at (937) 645-7350.
Income Tax Filing
The online tax tool is available for preparing City of Marysville tax returns. In order to utilize the tax tool you will need the link and account number provided on the postcard mailed to you. If you did not receive a postcard, please contact our office and we will assist you in setting up your account.
Income Tax Assistance
The City of Marysville Finance staff is available anytime, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to provide City income tax assistance. For further Income Tax information or assistance, please call the Income Tax Division at (937) 645-7350 or email to email@example.com.
Calendar Year Filers
2022 Individual and Net Profit Income Tax Returns and payment of any tax owed is due on or before April 18, 2023.
Fiscal Year Filers
Declaration of estimate and payments are due 3.5 months from then end of the fiscal year.
Interest shall be imposed on all unpaid income tax, unpaid estimated income tax and unpaid employer withholding tax. The interest rate to be applied each calendar year is the federal short-term rate, rounded to the nearest whole number percent, plus 5%. The rate shall apply for the next calendar year following July of the year in which the federal short-term rate is determined under Section 1274 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Calendar Year 2016 Annual Interest Rate: 5% (0.42% per month)
- Calendar Year 2017 Annual Interest Rate: 6% (0.5% per month)
- Calendar Year 2018 Annual Interest Rate: 6% (0.5% per month)
- Calendar Year 2019 Annual Interest Rate: 7% (0.58% per month)
- Calendar Year 2020 Annual Interest Rate: 7% (0.58% per month)
- Calendar Year 2021 Annual Interest Rate: 5% (0.42% per month)
- Calendar Year 2022 Annual Interest Rate: 5% (0.42% per month)
- Calendar Year 2023 Annual Interest Rate: 7% (0.58% per month)
- Calendar Year 2024 Annual Interest Rate: 10% (0.83% per month)