- 6:30 p.m.
- First Tuesday of each month (View Meeting Calendar)
- Council Chambers, 209 S. Main St., Marysville, OH 43040
- Watch Live Meetings/View Archived Meetings
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and meeting packets for regularly scheduled meetings are available prior to the meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Commission is a 7-member appointed body. Members are appointed by City Council for a term of four (4) years with a two (2) term limit. Members currently appointed to the Commission:
- Robert Stillion (Term Ends: December 31, 2023)
- Michael Nickoson (Term Ends: December 31, 2024)
- Scott Hunter (Term Ends: December 31, 2024)
- Chad Wolniewicz (Term Ends: December 31, 2025)
- Lesley Verbus (Term Ends: December 31, 2025)
- Bret Ingle (Term Ends: December 31, 2026)
- Matthew Fisher (Term Ends: December 31, 2026)
Members must be a resident of the City of Marysville. Preferred qualifications include:
- An interest and/or knowledge of planning, architecture, landscape architecture, law, civil engineering, economics, or demographics.
- A professional background relating to design and/or development.
- An ability to read and interpret planning documents (i.e. Planned Unit Developments, comprehensive plans, design guidelines), development site plans, architectural drawings or other design details and specifications, as they relate to the City Zoning Code.
- A member of the Design Review Board (no more than three Design Review Board members may serve on the Planning Commission).
- Experience or currently practicing in the AEP fields (Architecture, Engineering, Planning) is preferred.
The Commission provides recommendations to City Council on zoning map changes (i.e. property rezoning), amendments to the Zoning Code, and Planned Unit Development (PUD) zoning changes. The Commission also makes decisions on preliminary and final subdivision plats and conditional land uses. Additionally, the Planning Commission:
- Initiates proposed amendments to this Planning and Zoning Ordinance.
- Reviews all proposed amendments to this Planning and Zoning Ordinance and make recommendations to Council.
- Reviews all planned unit developments and make recommendations to Council.
- Carries out such other duties as are set forth in the Charter.
- Conducts a complete review of the Planning and Zoning Ordinance at least every five (5) years and to provide recommendations for modification or no modification as appropriate.
- Grants conditional use permits as specified in Chapter 1123 and under the conditions specified herein and such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of this Planning and Zoning Ordinance.
Applications are due twenty-one (21) days prior to the meeting date. It is recommended to meet with City staff prior to submitting in order to review application requirements.
Interested in Serving as a Member
The City Administration and City Council are committed to appointing highly qualified and dedicated people to its boards and commissions and encourages all Marysville residents to apply. If you are interested in serving, please send your resume and letter of interest to the Clerk of Council.
City of Marysville
Clerk of Council
209 S. Main St.
Marysville, OH 43040
- City of Marysville Comprehensive Plan
- Planning Commission Meeting Calendar
- PUD - Sketch Plan Application
- PUD - Development Plan Application
- Request for Conditional Use Application and Checklist
- Subdivision Application - Sketch Plan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>