Join Our Team
The Marysville Fire Division has always been an organization that sets standards for firefighting and emergency medical services excellence. More important is the fact that with our quality people, City Council and Administration support and continued growth, we are poised for an exciting future. Together we are able to fulfill our mission of serving the community with the highest level of life and property protection.
One of the Division's goals is to fill each job with a person who is not only well-qualified, but who will be committed to a career in that field. To do this, we feel it is important to give each applicant a realistic description of the job and its tasks, and the expectations.
As a firefighter/paramedic, you will be required to perform a large variety of tasks. These tasks are very diverse and may include:
- Fire Suppression
- Emergency Medical Services
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Community Education
We also offer a number of advanced opportunities including:
- Rope Rescue
- Dive Rescue Team
- Special Response Team (with our Law Enforcement partners)
- Swift Water Rescue (Regional Water Rescue Task Force)
- Hazardous Materials Strike Team (NAS-T)
- Fire Investigations
- Fire Safety Inspections
Regardless, we are seeking team members who are of the highest caliber with good customer service skills and looking to make a difference in our community. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits to successful candidates. We also prioritize work-life balance, understanding the importance of rest and rejuvenation to maintain peak performance.
Full-Time Benefits, Salary, & Work Schedule
- 48 hours of personal leave each year. Available on the first day of work.
- Vacation accrual which can be used as you accrue it. (Base is 168 hours per year, top out at 504 hours per year)
- Paid Sick Leave that can be used as your accrue it. (179.4 hours per year)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Health Insurance with prescription coverage (80/20 employee split)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Longevity pay after 3 years
- Incentive pay for fire/ems instructors ($1,430 per year)
- Uniforms and firefighting turnout gear provided.
- $300 annual incidental allowance
- $200 biannual boot allowance
- College tuition reimbursement
- Physical Fitness Incentive
- Pension Plan through the Ohio Police & Fire Pension Fund
- Deferred compensation retirement plans
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Numerous professional training opportunities
- 2024 Base pay without overtime is $65,903.36 per year. 2024 Top pay (in 5 steps) is $85,610.05.
- 2024 Shift overtime pay ranges from $8,033.76 at Step A to $10,436.16 at Step E.
- 24 hour shift on with 48 hours off
- 14 day FLSA period
- A current State of Ohio EMT-P certification
- A current State of Ohio Firefighter Level II certification (240-hour card)
- Successful completion of the Firefighter Mile, CPAT, or Marysville Fitness Assessment
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of hire
- Possess a valid Ohio Drivers License
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Have the ability to read and speak English
- Associates or Bachelors in EMS/Fire Science is preferred.
About Marysville Fire
At the Marysville Fire Division we pride ourselves on creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters personal growth and professional development. Operating out of two state-of-the-art facilities, with cutting-edge equipment, and a team of highly skilled professionals, we offer an unparalleled opportunity to excel in your firefighting career.
As a member of our fire department, you will have the chance to work alongside some of the finest firefighters in the region, who share a common goal of safeguarding lives and property. We value teamwork and collaboration, recognizing that our collective efforts are what make us truly exceptional. Whether it's responding to emergency calls, conducting fire safety inspections, or providing community outreach, your contribution will have a direct and meaningful impact on the lives of our residents.
Moreover, Marysville boasts a vibrant and diverse community, with a rich cultural heritage and numerous recreational opportunities. From scenic parks and hiking trails to thriving local businesses and a bustling uptown, there is always something to explore and enjoy outside of work.
If you are ready to join a team that values courage, integrity, and service to others, the Marysville Fire Division is the place for you. Take the first step towards an exciting and fulfilling career by applying today. Together, let's make a difference and keep our community safe.